Cub Linux combines the best of Chromium and Ubuntu Linux. Hence: Cub = Chromium + Ubuntu. We’re going to dual boot Cub Linux on Windows 10.
Dual Boot Cub Linux brings the Experience to Windows users without disturbing the default Windows Installation. Cub Linux turns any PC into a Snappier Chromebook Linux machine.
Enjoy Google’s ecosystem anywhere without being connected to the Internet. Cub Linux offers standalone Chromebook features built-in to Linux Operating System.
What is Cub Linux
Cub Linux is an operating system that combines the best of aspects of the Chromium browser (speed, Google integration, web apps) with the best of Ubuntu Linux (hardware compatibility, thousands of mainstream applications) to create a user experience that is as familiar as Chrome OS and as powerful as Ubuntu Linux.
Cub Linux is free to download and use forever. It was formally known as Chromixium OS and is created by the same developer, RichJack.
- Install all your favorite conventional application for media, productivity, and entertainment with features like print documents offline.
- Cub Linux comes built in with Chromium Browser which helps us connect directly to Chrome apps and advantage of installing third party Chrome apps
How Dual Boot Cub Linux on Windows 10 helps you?
By Dual Booting with Windows 10 or any distribution turn any computer into a powerful Chromebook Look-A-Like device alternative. Sync with your Google account and access Gmail, Google documents, Hangouts and YouTube and other Google-powered apps that come built in directly, I’ve personally tested Cub Linux and the Cloud apps run much quicker than Windows and Linux.
Pros and Cons: Cub Linux Review
- Normally Chromebooks comes installed out of the box in an SSD hard drive which is comparatively much faster than Normal Mechanical Spinning Hard Drive.
- It offers Much More Read/Write Speeds like 10X faster than Normal HDD. Which in turn helps Chromebooks run faster and perform quickly
- Whereas Cub Linux installation depends on which hard drive we dual boot it on. Whether we need large space or not to store data. If we install it on an SSD it can overthrow Chromebook in all ways due to its built-in App Features.
- Apart from all of those Cub Linux comes with Installed media apps means it should not depend on Cloud for apps to entertain us. Entertainment requires lots of Storage Space which we can manage.
Steps For Dual Boot Cub Linux on Windows 10
Create A Cub Linux USB Drive
- First, we need a Burn ISO to Flash Drive. For that we are going to use a software called Rufus. Download Rufus from here: https://rufus.akeo.ie/ and install it.After that download Cub Linux ISO from here: Download Cub Linux ISO
- Backup your Windows 10 operating system (optional but highly recommended). If anything Goes wrong you still get what you have before.
- Plug USB Flash Drive into PC and wait until Windows Recognizes it. Open File Explorer to check the drive letter of your USB device. (Which is required While Burning the ISO into Flash Drive )
- Open recently Installed Rufus and make sure the Drive letter shown there matches with the “Flash Drive” Drive Letter. Or else you might screw any of your other Plugged in Storage devices by accidentally formatting them.
- Now choose either “MBR Partition Scheme for BIOS or UEFI” for a standard BIOS or change to “GPT partition scheme for UEFI” if you explicitly want EFI/Secure Boot support.
- Click on the small disk icon about half way down on the right and select the Downloaded ISO image file ( Cub Linux ISO ).
- Make sure Quick Format is checked and then click Start. Wait for -10 Minutes and you’re done. Finally C, b Linux USB Flash drive is Created
- Now create a dedicated Empty Partition for the Cub Linux dual boot installation. To Create the Partition you have to open ” Disk Management ” in Control Panel or you can use ” WIN + X” and Select Disk Management from the Pop Under Dialog Box . Then Shrink any of your Drives for at lease 16-20 gb.
- Now boot from that Freshly created Cub Linux bootable Flash drive by hitting ‘F12’ or ‘ESC’ or Whatever key is assigned to boot using removable drives by your PC Manufacturer
- Boot into Cub Linux live environment by selecting the Cub Linux Boot entry and install it by following the steps to get Started. You can also check the video down below for detailed steps.
Post Installation of Dual Boot Cub Linux on Windows 10
- Being a Linux Distribution, Dual Boot Cub Linux on Windows 10 is an easier task
- Installation and How to Create the Cub Linux USB Flash Drive Video Tutorial:
Do let me know if you are having any doubts in the comments section below. If you like this article don’t hesitate to share this Article because sharing is SEXY! Thank you.