Dual Boot CloudReady Chrome OS : CloudReady is the new player in town which is a Chrome OS Based operating system that can actually Dual Booted with Windows Devices.
Yes, you heard it right we can actually dual boot CloudReady chrome OS on Windows 10 devices or older. A company named Neverware developed CloudReady as an alternative for Windows users which deals normal and basic features that a Chromebook can manage.
Dual Boot CloudReady Chrome OS: What Advantages we get?
- You can use complete Chrome OS on Windows devices and there are very few distros like this.
- As we all know Chromebooks are faster due to very few built-in features, Smarter because it’s powered by Google AI and google apps and occupies less space which is around 8-16 gigs.
- Chrome OS majorly runs Web Applications directly from Cloud ie., if your Laptop or PC is powered by Internet Connectivity then you’re good to go.
- You can use full pledged applications running locally over the air without any lag or performance drops
- Chrome OS generally comes with Built-in Media Player and File manager to manage files locally when you connect any USB powered Flash storage devices. So does CloudReady after all, it’s a Chrome OS for Windows Devices
- Recently Google Announced Android apps for Chrome OS, Hope this feature gets live soon and we might expect the same from CloudReady Chrome OS
Dual Boot CloudReady Chrome OS: Is this Free to Install or not?
CloudReady has a Free Version which comes with less support. Where as the Complete Work Edition comes with All the Features but costs you 49$.
Instructions to Dual Boot CloudReady Chrome OS
When you Choose Dual Booting as your Installation Method Then you can Install CloudReady Chrome OS alongside your existing Windows Operating System. While booting your PC you’ll be displayed with the List of Distributions Installed on that PC which is Generally CloudReady and Windows in our Tutorial. You just need to select which one to boot. And you no need worry about the data present in the drives because they’re not overwritten when you opt for Dual Booting.
- Go to NeverWare Website and Download 64bit or 32bit compressed zip file of CloudReady Operating System.
- To burn the Zip file to a USB Flash Drive. We need to Install Chromebook Recovery Utility available on Google Chrome Web Store. Download the Utility from here: Chromebook Recovery Utility
Install Chrome OS on Laptop
- Now plug-in USB Flash drive of size 8 Gb or 16 GB ( USB 3.0 Recommended ). Now open the Installed Chromebook Recovery Utility from Start Menu or from Google Chrome
- Click on the Gear Icon and select the downloaded CloudReady Chrome OS zip file and select ” Get Started ” button to burn the Operating System
- Wait for around 5-10 minutes depending on the speed of the USB Flash Drive. After completion of Burning process close the Chromebook Recovery Utility and Restart the PC
- While PC is restarting press ” ESC or f12 ” or whatever button is used for the PC to get it into the Booting sequence from External Devices.
- Now select the “Boot from USB” and Select CloudReady boot entry to Dual Boot CloudReady Chrome OS . Which will return you to CloudReady Live – boot.
Post Installation: Dual Boot Chrome OS
- After booting you have to go through normal Chrome OS procedure and have to fill in all the required details which include Logging into and Gmail account which is mandatory for Chrome OS devices after all Chrome OS is from Google.
- As you see in the Follow pic below, click on the notification bar and Select Install CloudReady to install CloudReady Chrome OS on PC standalone single Install or Dual Boot with Windows .
- After completing the Installation Procedure shutdown the PC and remove the USB Flash Drive and boot the device. Then you’ll be prompted with list installations on PC which is generally CloudReady Chrome OS and Windows.
- Select any according to your Requirement. Finally, you’ll be running both the operating systems without buying a dedicated machine like Chromebook to try out Chrome OS.
Video Tutorial: Dual Boot Chrome OS on Windows 10 PC | Neverware ( Chromium OS )
if you’re Lazy to Read the Tutorial. Watch the Video Tutorial instead.
Also Check Dual Boot Cub Linux which is a Chrome Themed Operating System made on top of Linux Distribution.
Conclusion : Dual Boot CloudReady Chrome OS
Dual Boot CloudReady Chrome OS is great option for slower PC’s and according to recent Statistics made by many PC analytics websites is that Chromebooks outsold MacBooks last month. So obviously people are liking Chromebooks and Chrome OS, Many developers are dedicated to develop Chrome OS based WEB Applications. Already many Web Applications are flying around. So this alternative is a best option.
Do let me know if you are having any doubts in the comments section below. If you like this article don’t hesitate to share this Article because sharing is SEXY!